Saturday, August 1, 2009

Moron Rules and Other Various Rantings

Feel the need to vent. No one reads these things anymore anyway so it's all good. I consider myself a thinking person. Not a smart person mind you but just someone who considers things. Here lately I've realized that it's almost a handicap to be this way. People seem to take better to the simple person. The moron if you will. I've met, worked and associated with my far share of them and I'm always amazed at how easily people accept the morons. I'm sure they seem cute and naive but goddamn if I just don't understand. Call me crazy but I'm always more impressed with someone that actually has something to say. Not just drone on and on about the stupidest shit imaginable. Sorry, if one of your friends or loved ones may be a moron and I just insulted them. I apologize but I can't help myself. The world of man confuses me with it's norms. People love these simple creatures and I can't fathom it. I guess it's a control issue or something. People always love to be the ones to "show em' how it's done". They feel sorry for the little morons and mask this as compassion and respect.

Something else that's been eating at me is the fact that I'm seemingly alone in my way of thinking. Sure the wife gets it, she understands me but everyone else says I'm too caught up in it and need to chill. To that I say "Fuck that!". It that kind of empathic bullshit mentality that got me to this very spot. Love thy neighbor? Fuck thy neighbor! Because there's no reason not to. People aren't friendly to each other anymore, they simple interact to get a better reading of their environment. It's all about the face and what it says but the real shits going down in the brain. We don't give a fuck about each other until the minute our lives are truly affected. And then it's all about getting our shit back in order. But then hell, maybe it's just me. Maybe I've given it all too much thought and really do need to chill.

I have a few friends and all of them were made in high school or college. Beyond that I've not met anyone I can say is my friend. I have acquaintances. People I speak to from time to time but no one I really give a shit about. That's also not to say that I haven't made the effort. I just don't have it in me anymore to connect with people I guess. I've spent way too much time trying to understand the concept of honesty and reliability for it work for me now. All I've learned is that people don't really like people. They interact until it isn't necessary anymore. In the end it's hard to fault them for it. We're told to care and be responsible but with the pressure of everyday life who has fucking time for humanity. Really!!

I'm done

No comments:

Post a Comment