Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Return of the Fanmen

So I started talking to a friend of mine about an old comic strip we did a few years back. It was gonna be Clerks in a Comic Shop. I sputtered out pretty quick in trying to stay interested. Honestly, the idea of comic strips, while I enjoy reading them, doesn't sit well with me in terms of trying to create one. It's too hard! It takes a far more keen individual to develop and make that shit than me.

Anyway, we got to talking and he expressed how he hated to see it die and wanted to find a way to make it go forward. So I went back and looked it over. There were some good ideas but it needed a better angle than just another comic strip. Besides I'd made the choice not to try and draw that way ever again.

What came out of all this was a rebirth of sorts in the ole' creativity department. I found once I stripped away the whole comic strip (pun intended) angle and looked at it more of as a comic I could actually draw the damn thing.

Long story short: We're develop a relaunch of sorts to an old idea known as the Fanmen. This time however it's a much more expanded take designed around a more traditional comic book storytelling style. Should be fun! Here's a peek!


No comments:

Post a Comment