Saturday, March 26, 2011

You, who are without mercy, now plead for it?

I find my love of Transformers growing lately. Not in anticipation of the upcoming film or the new Transformers Prime show. All of these modern renditions over complicate the simplistic awesome that is Transformers. Let me spell it out: Giant Robots Fighting! That's it! That's all a good Transformer show/ movie needs. Well, that and they need to look a little less like large piles of walking scrap. The plot is always the same. Optimus and the Autobots must stop Megatron from succeeding in whatever ridiculous scheme he's concocted. The more absurd the better. No Allspark, Trans Metal, Mini Cons, Beast Wars or Magnus Prime! Giant Robots Fighting at all times!

Anyway, enough of my nostalgiaistic rant. I'm just psyched that the toy line is finally revisting some classic characters in the Generations line.

 Just finished this pic a while ago. Think it'll probably go up in my son's room when I have it printed. He's a G1 nut! Which is perfect because so is his old man.

Hot Rod is no where to be seen in this rendition. Prime caps Megatron leads the Autobots to a victorious battle where they obliterate the Decpticons stop Unicron and reclaim Cybertron. In this version my inner child doesn't have to weep and sob constantly at the death of one of the greatest toys EVER! Christ! I'm six years away from forty and that shit still hurts! Damn your black hearts Hasbro!

No comments:

Post a Comment